Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Newt Tweets, Rand's A Slave, and Sanders Isn't Chicken

Bloggers back! Yay! I wanted to post this yesterday but lets talk about it now?


It's nearing that time again people. The time where we elect a person to run our country, and I'm on my usual politics kick, so lets discuss whats in the news shall we?


To start things off, 58th Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich(R) announced his candidacy for president via Facebook and Twitter on Wednesday, officially becoming the first to do this.




 But my question is why? Why is a 67 year old man using a "tweet" to announce something in the first place? Is he trying to look "cool" and "with-it" to kids? Granted it's GREAT publicity, but you have to think this will turn a lot of people off. It's childish in my personal opinion. If you wanted my vote and wanted to look cool, go to the X-Games, make a video skydiving while announcing your candidacy, something like that. Don't just make a crappy youtube video with a link on twitter.


Moving on: 


Rand Paul(R) made a BOLD statement by comparing free healthcare to slavery of workers in the medical field. If you watch the full video, you will see Bernie Sanders(I) destroy Rands statement. 


I laughed. Hard. 


This is all I have at the current moment for politics. But while the news picks up, who do you want to be president in 2012? What are your views? 

16 comments:

  1. I want YOU to be president.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, more "social media firsts". I guarantee this will be the only "first" for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. using twitter like this? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a bad way to start a campaign imo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol..that is a ridiculous way to start a fkin campaign. i already hate that guy

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is so muhc corruption in the senate it sickens me. If you want to know why the US doesn't have easily accesible free health care for all then look no further than who is lining the pockets of senators...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Flinn, apart from me just not wanting to do it, I'm also not 35 so sadly I cannot. You did however give me an idea for a future blog though...

    @Everyone talking about this being a bad way to start and corruption and such, if you think thats bad? Do a little research on the "Gingrich Scam"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, Newt Gingrich is totally rad, dude.

    Oh wait, that's my 90's slang. I think he's trying for mid-2000's hip-ness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha really shows how much of an impact social media has made on society in the last few years

    ReplyDelete
  10. very interesting post, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gringrich is way too liberal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol first pic "you dont say?"

    ReplyDelete