Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Stuffed BBQ Biscuits And Chocolate Cake That Isn't A Lie




Stuffed BBQ Biscuits
8 biscuits (I used whole wheat Grands)
1 lb of ground beef or turkey
half a bag of frozen mixed vegetables (I used corn/green beans/peas/carrots)
minced onion
barbecue sauce
grated cheese

Roll or flatten the biscuits out to about 1/2" thickness. Line muffin cups with them, going up and over the edges slightly. Brown and season the beef and onion. Add the frozen vegetables and cook for a few minutes, then add enough barbecue sauce to coat everything (usually about half the bottle.) Fill the biscuits with the meat/vegetable mixture and bake at 375 degrees for 13-15 minutes, then top with cheese and bake until golden brown. You will probably have some leftover meat mixture, but it makes really good sloppy joes for lunch the next day.


Chocolate Cake

Betty Crocker cake mix with Pillsbury Funfetti frosting and sprinkles . :3

It's times like this where I realize what a great girlfriend I have :) I feel alseep earlier after my last post and I get to wake up to cake! I love her so much <3 and I thank her for being so awesome. :D I tend to forget to thank her as much as I should some times though, and I feel like the biggest asshole :( 

34 comments:

  1. MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm looks great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see some appreciation for the fairer sex. Send her my compliments on the cake, it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, thanks for making me hungry :<

    ReplyDelete
  4. that chocolate cake is giving me cravings :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my god... you guys aren't feeling like making a trip to oregon are ya? I'll buy food if you guys cook! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where's the vegetables, mate? It's all about the food triangle! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Nom, the veggies are in the biscuit :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh god that cake looks intense, Man I want cake now lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to bake a cake right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hope i get over to the USA this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish i had a GF like yours, my exs have been pretty good when it comes to cooking for me but nothing like this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need people to make food for me :(. Actually I don't really need a girlfriend for that...if I had money to hire a chef it'd be cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My that cake looks so good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. when i first read blog title i thought this was going to be the grossest thing ever. then i saw it was two different things not a chocolate chicken combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. that cake looks delicious! your girlfriend seems really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That cake looks yummy indeed, can never have too much chocolate cake.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i wanna buy the cake! :(( mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  18. hat chocolate cake looks great...

    like.. really.. great.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really thought those biscuits were fried chicken at first. I can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. love chocolate cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm planning on doing this. I swear.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can feel my insides hurting on that first recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thats just ... oh god ... i want this. NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks so good!
    Maybe it's time you return the favor!?

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Jamie I did with pasta the other night!

    ReplyDelete